Try An Enzyme Laundry Detergent If You Suffer From Skin Irritation
No matter how careful you are with your personal care, if you use laundry detergents with toxic chemicals you’ll continue your never-ending battle against skin irritation. Alas, there is another way to live! You can switch to natural enzymatic laundry detergents.
What are enzyme laundry detergents?
These detergents use naturally occurring proteins to break down stains and odor causing bacteria on fabrics.
Do they work as well as traditional detergents that rely on chemicals?
Yes, and in fact they are quite often more effective. Different enzymes work on different types of stains:
- Amylase - effective on starches and carbohydrates
- Protease - tough protein based stains such as fat, oil and grass
- Mannanase - broadly useful against food stains
- Pectinase - great on fruit stains
- Lipase - focused on fat based stains
How efficient are they?
Very, in fact they are counterintuitive when it comes to efficiency:
- Cooler water - yes, you are reading that right. Enzymes actually work better at cooler temperatures. So you’ll save money by not having to heat that water and your clothes won’t fade as fast.
- Require less detergent - A little goes a long way with enzymatic formulas, so you can drop that old habit of doubling the doses.
How are they gentle on sensitive skin?
By using enzymes, detergents rely less on toxic chemicals to remove stains, but if you have terribly sensitive skin, you’ll also want to make sure that your detergent hits these points too:
- No Phosphates
- No Bleach
- No Parabens
- No Dyes
And since you are being mindful about your skin, why not also consider the environment and animals. There are enzyme detergents that also check these boxes:
- 100% Vegan
- Graywater & Septic Safe
- Sustainably Sourced
So there is no need to compromise anymore. You can have clean clothes, no skin irritation, and sleep well at night knowing that you’re being gentle on the environment too!
Soganics Eco-Friendly Laundry Detergent Liquid:
Soganics Eco-Friendly Fabric Softener:
Soganics Eco-Friendly Cleaner: